Specialists in short and long stay residential and nursing care for older people
- Delightful Grade II listed character country house, with modern extensions set in 14 acres of the beautifl Berkely Vale
- 40 places registered with the CSCI as a Care Home with nursing for people over 65 years ikd with dementia
- 28 single and 6 companion rooms, 10 with en-suite bathrooms
- Two-storey house fitted with shaft and chair lifts
- Five spacious and tastefully decorated day and dining rooms, patio, walled garden and conservatory
- 24 hour long and short term residential and nursing care
- Specialist trained staff to care for frail older people with dementia
- Full time activities coordinator
- Minibus available for transport, outings etc
- Snoezelen creating a relaxing and calming environment
Breadstone is close to the town of Berkeley between the south bank of the River Severn and the M5 motorway in Gloucestershire. It is located mid-way between Bristol and Gloucester and is built on a small hill in the Vale of Berkeley. The town is noted for Berkeley Castle where the imprisoned Edward II was murdered.
Berkeley was the birthplace of Edward Jenner, the originator of vaccination. After studying medicine in London he returned home to work as the local doctor, and in 1796 performed a pioneering experiment by inoculating his gardener’s son with cowpox, thus preventing infection from smallpox. The Chantry, Jenner’s home in Berkeley for 38 years, is now The Edward Jenner Museum.
Just north of Berkeley lies the port of Sharpness, one of the most inland in Britain. The Gloucester & Sharpness Canal starts here, and the river used to be crossed by the Severn Railway Bridge. However, this was damaged beyond repair by a ship collision in 1960.
Breadstone is perfectly placed for visitors: the M5 motorway is conveniently close. Visitors should take junction 14; turn west and immediately right on to the A38. Head north for five miles and where the road crosses over a railway line at the Prince of Wales hotel – take a left, following the sign to Breadstone.
Breadstone House, Breadstone, Nr Berkeley, Gloucestershire GL13 9HG
T: 08453 455782
F: 01453 811171
Current Job Vacancies
Nurse RMN or RGN Level 1
Job Ref: RN/BH
Shifts are day shifts or night shifts, part-time or full time, and will include working alternate weekends. Permanent contract.
Senior Care Worker
HOURS OF WORK: Shift Work, Day shifts or Night shifts, Full Time
JOB REFERENCE: BS
Please see the 'Job Vacancies' section on our website for further details.