- Specialists in short and long stay residential and nursing care for older people
- Purpose built unit in the centre of the village of Staunton in the rural Forest of Dean
- Patio garden
- 31 places registered with CSCI as a Care Home with nursing for older people
- Day care
- Renovated and refurbished in 2005/2006 to highest standards
- 31 single rooms, 29 with en-suite facilities
- 4 floors served by shaft lift
- Spacious day and dining rooms
- 24 hour long and short term residential and nursing care
- Specialist trained staff to care for frail older people
- Full time activities co-ordinator
The village of Staunton is situated high above the River Wye on the north west fringes of the Forest of Dean. This quiet village lies within the parish of Coleford; an area that owes its survival to the foresters who earned a living out of mining.
Today the area is a Mecca for tourists, the 35,000 acres of one of the few surviving royal forests in England is an area that positively teams with pastimes and wildlife. There are beautiful walks that take past ancient trees, streams and lakes and steam railways run by enthusiasts who still operate within the forest offering visitors a different view of the area. Nearby Coleford has a rich history which has carried it forward, today it’s a thriving town offering all the necessities of modern life.
Staunton is proud of its history and today sees the village offering the visitor a mix of distinctive houses; quaint mellow stoned cottages, towering spire of St James Church and some of the most stunning forests in Britain.
From the centre if Gloucester, London Road B4063 turn right onto A430. Bear right then left onto Gouda Way. Continue straight ahead onto Priory Road, turn left onto Royal Oak Road at the roundabout, take the first exit onto A40 at the roundabout, take the second exit onto A40. Bear left onto Slip Road to Longhope Road A4136. Turn left onto New Road continue along A4136. On Staunton Road turn left onto Slip Road Bear left to arrive at The Elms.
The Elms, Staunton, Coleford GL16 8NX
Freephone 0800 731 9433
Current Job Vacancies
Nurse RMN or RGN Level 1
Job Ref: RN/TE
Shifts are day shifts or night shifts, part-time or full time, and will include working alternate weekends. Permanent contract.
Please see the 'Job Vacancies' section on our website for further details.